Monday, April 26, 2010

FOREVER

It has been forever since I've posted anything hair related.

A few weeks ago I had surgery where I had to undergo anesthesia. Recovering from the surgery was fairly easy; however, recovery from anesthesia just about knocks you down a notch or two.
For 3 days I felt sluggish and drugged and was unable to walk to the bathroom without becoming exhausted; that meant I wasn't showering or caring for my hair either. Being sick is more than just hard on the body it's hard on the hair; I've spent the last week trying to revive and bring my curls out of hiding, hehehe.

The rain has helped my cause tremendously and I am thankful for the added moisture in the air. I continue to do co-washes, averaging about 2 times a week, and I wash with the lemonade to get the dirt and grit out of it about once a week. :) If my scalp gets itchy or dry I'll rub a little aloe vera on it and try not to scratch.

Again, I've learned to listen to my hair and care for the curls specific needs at the time. If they're not calling for anything I leave them alone and try to let them hang free as much as I can. It's getting long and I've been fighting the urge to whack it all off. With the summer heat coming I'm just not sure I want thick and curly hair down to the middle of my back...
I will be honest in saying that I can tell that no matter what length I decide on it is definitely time for at least a trim. I may not look scraggly but I feel it. My hope is to get back to Mitchells, in Cincinnati, here soon. Now it's just a matter of finding a weekend to get up there!

Curl: 9
Frizz: 1
Weather: Rainy and chilly
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment