Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 117: Routine

Since I've pretty much gotten into a routine of hair care I don't believe that I need to blog EVERY day about what I'm doing. I'll pop in every few days to make an update and be sure to record anything new or when I try a fun recipe again.

Unfortunately I didn't get to moisturize as I had hoped this weekend. I was singing at church again and it really does tie up my time, more than I would have thought. I love every minute of it so please don't think I'm complaining.

I did need to do a lemonade wash this weekend. I filled my 3 oz. bottle 75% with my conditioner and the other 25% with pure lemon juice. After a giving it a good shake I hopped in the shower and did a co-wash with the mixture. I was extravagant in my dosage and made sure to really massage my scalp. I plopped the ends and rinsed; while rinsing I gently ran my fingers through my hair to untangle and remove any loose hair. I lost a LOT of hair in the shower and even more once it was dry. With the amount of hair I loose in a given day I'm always amazed that I'm not bald!!!

I blot dried with my t-shirt, gel plopped and let it sit on a shirt until it was completely dry. I pulled the front back and gently pinned it and left the rest alone. It was a curly mess and I loved it! The next day I did a lavender spritz and pinned the front again and it looked even better than it had the day before!

Key tip I've learned about being a curly girl, and I've said this before, LISTEN to what your hair needs and wants. When it wants moisture do a treatment or a heavy co-wash. When it wants cleaned use one of the cleaning recipes (I prefer the lemonade). When it's grooving on it's own do a cold water rinse and leave it alone. Getting it trimmed regularly keeps the curls from getting weighed down; but be sure to find a stylist who understands how to work with curly hair.

Today my drive to work was long and slow and my hair is up in a messy up-do!
If your getting all the snow I am, stay safe and warm!

Curl: 8
Frizz: 2
Weather: 24F, SNOWY, 78% humidity
Stress: surprisingly low :)

No comments:

Post a Comment