Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 107: Batten Down the Hatches

*Photo courtesy of Science

I'm not sure how the weather men are viewed in other parts of the US or the world but here where I live people are often skeptical of the forecast. For this weekend the forecast is that of the Apocalypse: freezing rain with a mixture of snow that will cause roads to shut down, people to get stranded, and mass chaos at the grocery stores and gas stations. Milk and bread will be impossible to find, gas stations will run out of gas and people will throw elbows to get a hold of generators; all before the first drop of rain falls from the sky and hits the pavement.
I got up this morning and turned on the news expecting to hear about numerous accidents that would cause me to have to leave for work 20 minutes earlier than normal. Where I live, even a little rain makes people go crazy. I don't care if frogs fall from the sky, if they change the condition of the pavement SLOW DOWN!

When I heard that traffic was normal I spritzed my hair with lavender spray standing upright instead of bending over. I blot dried what moisture was dripping and did a gel plop. I also did a light brush over of gel to keep the frizz down. This is where I have a small amount of gel on my fingers and lightly run it over the top of my hair, working from the scalp down to the tips. I let it sit on a towel, enjoyed the news and listened to the ghastly weather report for the weekend.

When I got to work I plopped again to add volume and shook out my curls from underneath. I've left it alone and yet again it is driving me nuts. The rain has added frizz and made the under curls CrAZy so I will attempt leave it down as long as I can stand it.
You better believe that when I get home from work it WILL be put in a pony tail or pulled out of my face and off my neck in some way shape or fashion!

Curl: 8
Frizz: 3-4
Weather: 38F, Rainy, 89% humidity
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment