Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 104: Fruit Smoothie

Today I made myself a fruit smoothie. No, I didn't drink it I put it on my hair.

3 very ripe bananas, 1/2 cup of carrot juice, and 1 teaspoon of almond oil were mixed together in my blender and worked into my hair, scalp, and curls. It was a messy job and caused a slight clog in our bathtub drain but I feel it was well worth the effort. It was simple to make, easy to apply, and it smelled heavenly. I am a huge fan of fruit, any and all kinds, so this recipe had been on my list of must tries for a while.

Once I had thoroughly coated my hair in the smoothie I wrapped it in a damp towel and let it sit for 1/2 hour. I then rinsed it thoroughly in warm, not hot, water. I blot dried with a t-shirt, did a light gel plop and anxiously waited for my hair to dry to see the result. Although I see how the smoothie helped add moisture it didn't quite have the curling effect I was hoping for; give it time I guess. It took longer to dry than normal and when all was said and done it was already in an up-do. I'm home sick today due to a meneire's spell so although my hair is less dry and somewhat bouncy I think I was just tired of messing with it. :)

Curl: 6
Frizz: 1
Weather: 35F, Cloudy
Stress: Moderate

No comments:

Post a Comment