Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 1: Getting Started

I've never been one to read non-fiction so even reading a non-fiction book as small as Curly Girl seemed to take a lot out of me. The book is chalked full of so much information I feel like it didn't all set in.

After doing some outside research on the book itself and the no shampoo theory I found that the best way to start is to wash my hair with a sulfate shampoo to remove any oil or build up that is currently in or on my hair. I realize that this is completely against the no shampoo method; however, I feel that starting with a fresh and clean slate is the best way to go. It should also show me the best results in the end product.

This morning I washed my hair with my normal shampoo, Garnier Fructis Hydro Curls and conditioner, Garnier Fructis Curls and Shine. After reading the labels and the labels of all my other shampoos and conditioners I realized I needed to do a little shopping. So on my lunch hour I will go in search of a "good" conditioner. As it turns out my LA Looks Mega Hold hair gel is an approved product with no silicone's, sulfate, or alcohol; 3 main ingredients that Curly Girl recommends avoiding. It's also clear so there is no dye that will cause build up or dull my hair.

I'll take notes on my shopping experience and be sure to record my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment