Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 8: Cold Water Rinse

This morning I woke up with a little extra time on my hands. Normally, this is where I would take time to do something special with my hair or makeup but instead I laid in bed until I almost didn't have enough time. :)

All of that to say, I did nothing more than a cold rinse this morning. I didn't wet my hair in the shower, which is hard to do with hair as long as mine. When I got out I tipped my head over the tub and gently poured 2 liters of cold water on my hair; one liter while my hair was upside down and one while upright and leaning over the tub. I changed it up a bit in that I dried my hair with a T-shirt instead of a towel. I plopped with the usual dime size amount of gel and let it air dry; once dry I plopped again. I noticed that drying with a shirt helped with the amount of frizz so I think it would be worth the investment in a couple shirts to dry my hair with. I might have considered using the ones I own but I wear them so frequently that I may not ever have a spare one clean.

I was having problems getting the front curls to curl and lay the way I wanted so I gently pulled the front, top part of the crown, back and pinned it. I pinned it close to the front of my hair line so that it would have a slight "bump" and would give off an 80's feel with out having to tease it. :)

With all the water in the air from yesterday's rain and the rain that is coming tonight my curls are CRAZY curly today and have, for the most part, stayed off my neck! I LOVE it.

Curls: 8
Frizz: 2
Weather: 63 F, cloudy with a chance of rain tonight, 70% humidity
Stress: low, I slept in.

No comments:

Post a Comment