Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 5: Spot Cleaning

Another morning, another trial. I have already learning something and I haven't even been doing this for a week. All day yesterday my scalp itched; I believe it was due to me not being able to wet or condition it. Although it felt soft it was also brittle, broke easily, and itched. I about drove myself nuts yesterday trying not to scratch my scalp off. In lue of the itch I did just some "spot cleaning" this morning. I wet my hair and then worked conditioner into only the spots that itched; mostly the base of my skull and the front of my hair. I then applied a little conditioner to the ends and did a cold water rinse.

The cold water rinse seemed to frizz my hair more than help it so I'm hesitate to try it again. I'll plan on cold rinsing all week and if it still isn't helping I may not do it again. With the weather getting colder and the air getting dryer I don't see how a cold rinse would help with the frizz, we'll see.

After plopping and lightly adding some gel I pinned the front sides back, gently. The pins are lose so they don't cause breakage but it also keeps my "wave" off my face for the day. There are a few shorter curls that wouldn't pin back so I left them to fall freely and frame my face; the effect is nice.

I don't know if my hair is adjusting to being well taken care of or if I just don't have as curly of hair as I think. I say this because yet again this morning my curls were more waves. I did read that too much conditioner and product can weigh the curls down and stretch them out so that might be my problem as well. Tonight I plan to put together one of Lorraine's homemade recipes to clean my hair of all product and build up with out stripping my hair of natural oil; I think I may try the "lemonade". Hopefully, that will add some spring to my curls tomorrow.

Curls: 3
Frizz: 6
Weather: 43 F, cloudy, 73 % humidity
Stress: low

No comments:

Post a Comment