Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 6: Lemonade

Before going to bed last night I put together Lorraine's Lemonade recipe. One large lemon mixed with your normal amount of conditioner. Not having a lemon handy I improvised with the pure lemon juice we use for cooking. I gave the bottle a good squeeze and "measured out" around a 1/2 cup of juice in a small travel bottle of approved conditioner. I shook it up really well and left it for in the morning.

When I got in the shower I made sure to give the conditioner bottle another good shake before using. I took small amount at a time on the pads of my fingers and starting at the base of my skull and working toward the front I gently rubbed it in. Starting at the ends of my hair and working my way to the crown I gently worked conditioner through my curls detangling them. I have never used a brush or a comb, even before curly girl, just my fingers. When all of my hair was coated and felt like seaweed I rinsed all of my hair with cold water. I only fingered my scalp while rinsing, again gently rubbing with the pads of my fingers. I did not touch the strands of my hair, instead I tilted my head back as if under a waterfall and let the pressure rinse my hair. The effect on my hair is awesome; it's so soft,shiny, and smells wonderful! I could feel that the cold water rinse really helped with frizz today so as long as I can handle a splash of cold water in the morning I'll keep doing it.

As I do everyday, I plopped my hair lightly with some clear gel and left it to dry. Once fully dry I plopped again to give it some volume and get it off my ears and neck. Even though it's only been about a week I can tell a great difference in the health my hair. I'm still adjusting to it's softness and I'm having to daily remind myself that soft does not mean dirty, hehehe. The curls are better than yesterday so I'm feeling encouraged to keep going.

Curl: 6
Frizz: 2
Weather: 48 F, cloudy with a chance of rain tonight, 84% humidity
Stress: low

No comments:

Post a Comment