Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 3: Putting it to Use

With it being a Saturday I slept a lot later than I normally would causing my to post to be much later in the day, sorry. This morning I followed the basics steps to curly girl:

The Basic Steps of Curly Care

1. Step under the "waterfall" of your shower and rinse your curls well (but don't touch them!).
2. Once-a-week Cleansing Step: Using your fingertips and a bit of conditioner (gentle shampoo if you're a wavy girl), gently rub your entire scalp. Rinse well.
3. Gently but generously and evenly distribute conditioner through your curls. Wavy Girls, rinse well. Botticelli Curly Girls, rinse 'til your curls feel right. Corkscrew Curly Girls, rinse for just a second. (Rinse with cold water to "seal" the hair shaft.)
4. Use your towel to "scrunch-dry" your curls, gently scrunching towards your head.
5. Spread a small amount of gel over your palms and scrunch your curls in an accordion motion. Repeat until all your curls have been scrunched (scrunching the canopy last), but don't over-gel!
6. Use claw clips to arrange and style your curls (click here to see examples), twisting any last curls into place. Then don't touch your hair while it dries! (Use a diffuser on the coolest, lowest setting if you must speed the process.)
7. Bend over and shake your dried curls to give them more volume. Enjoy your soft, springy curls!

I didn't rinse with cold water nor did I style with clips but I did follow everything else accordingly and am pleased with today's results. My curls are SUPER soft and I've had to refrain from constantly stroking them. Although not all of the curls are quite as tight as I would like or they have been in the past I believe that they just need to adjust to being cleansed properly. I may need to use less/ more product or rinse the conditioner better. Too much conditioner or product may weight them down or may cause dryness so I'll need to play with the amounts of each as I go.

Curls: 7
Frizz: 3
Weather: 49 F, cloudy, 68% humidity
Stress: none, it's the weekend and I'm visiting family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment