Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 9: Communication

It may sound a little odd to say that there needs to be communication between a women and her curls; however, I find it to be true! If you pay attention to what your hair is doing or how it feels, i.e. what your hair is saying, you will learn how to care for it properly and be stunned by the results. By listening to what your hair needs it will reward you with shine and softness.

Yesterdays curls ROCKED and for the most part they all were still in tact when I got up this morning. Normally with them looking so nice I would spray them with some water to tone down the night frizz and be done; however, this morning I took a minute to feel them and they felt dry. I worried about wetting them for fear of losing the spring and initially was just going to do a spot clean. As I was rubbing the conditioner into my scalp I could feel how dry and frizzy my hair was, it needed some moisture. Against my gut I slowly and VERY carefully worked conditioner into the ends of my hair and lightly added some to the crown. I didn't go as far as to detangle just carefully attempted to remove as many lose hairs as I could with out breaking the strands too much. I rinsed with cold water and made sure to rinse my scalp and all of my hair really well; touching it as little as possible. I *blot dried with a t-shirt and applied gel with my hair still dripping slightly and plopped. I blotted when ever the ends would drip and then laid the t-shirt across my shoulders and let my hair sit on the t-shirt until I left for work. I plopped again once it was completely dry and was shocked by the result.


I will admit I was COMPLETELY wrong about the curls. The curls are still intact and look better than they did yesterday because today they are soft and light. My scalp is not itchy and my hair looks great. From not on I will be sure to pay attention more often and let my curls tell me what they need.

Curl: 9
Frizz: 1
Weather: 68 F, cloudy with a 30% chance of rain, 65% humidity
Stress: low

[*Note: I never blot or touch the crown of my hair with a towel or t-shirt. I only blot/ "dry" the ends of my hair. Touching the crown with any thing usually causes my hair to frizz so I let the moisture run down to the ends and then blot just the ends in a plopping motion]

No comments:

Post a Comment