Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 13: Getting the hang of it

I apologize for my lack of posting yesterday. I was down and out with fall allergies. I woke up late and did nothing more than pull my hair back into a curly frizzy ponytail. I spent a 1/2 day at work miserable with watery eyes, stuffy nose, and itchy hands. I finally went home took some good knock you out drugs and slept the rest of the day. I didn't pay any attention to what my hair looked like and I felt so miserable that I didn't care either. This morning I made sure to take some allergy medicine before leaving the house. :)

Today, I did a spot clean in the shower. The only placed that truly needed a good conditioner rub down was the base of my skull. I lightly added some conditioner to the crown of my hair to tame the frizz and did a cold water rinse. I blot dried with a t-shirt and lightly pulled the front of my hair back into 2 barrettes; one on each side of my head. My curls are dry and I probably should have done a full co-wash; however, hind sight is 20/20. The curl is still nice and out of my face, which I like.

If I have time this week I hope to do one of Lorraine's deep moisturizing treatments. The weather is getting colder and drier and it seems that a co-wash does nothing more than weigh down my hair. I hope to try something a little different this week and see if it helps lighten and moisturize.

Curl: 5
Frizz: 3
Weather: 55F, sunny with light breeze, 28% humidity
Stress: moderate

No comments:

Post a Comment