Saturday, November 21, 2009

DAY 31: Smelly Treatment

Last night I put together the Deep Charka Moisturizing treatment for my hair. The effect was AWESOME and my hair was super soft and curly. I was very content with the results; however, it made my hair REEK!

The recipe calls for:
1 Tablespoon powered egges
1 Tablespoon powered milk
1 teaspoon honey
1-2 cups of boiled pasta water or boiled water
3 Tablespoons heavy cream

The first three ingredients are mixed to form a paste, then add the boiling water and slowly stir in the cream. Pour over hair, wrap in plastic wrap turban, and let it sit for at least an hour. Rinse thoroughly and condition as normal.

After having my hubby pour it over my hair, and making sure it was all well coated we wrapped it in plastic and covered it with a towel. Take note that even though your hair may be wrapped in plastic it will still leak, so covering the plastic with a towel prevented the liquid from dripping all over me. We both got comfortable and sat down to watch a movie. In all my hair sat for about a hour and a half and made sure to rinsed REALLY REALLY well and conditioned REALLY REALLY well. I dry blotted and plopped with out gel and let it dry before going to bed. My hair was only slightly damp when I finally climbed into bed.

As I laid down I noticed that something smelled. I smelled the sheets, my pillow, my shirt, the carpet, and the comforter. I couldn't find the root of the smell anywhere and it was strong no matter where I was. Finally, as I laid my head on my pillow i realized it was ME, my hair! It smelled like baby formula or baby puke and it was nasty! Hoping it would die off as my hair dried completely I made sure my hair was out of my face as much as possible before attempting to drift off to sleep. When I woke up the smell had lessened but I could smell the fact that the baby puke ora was still there. Spraying my hair with cold water intensified the smell and I to alleviate the problem I seriously considered shampooing. My husband didn't think the smell was as bad as I did and made sure to tell me it was not noticeable; so I just pulled the front away from my face and nose and let hang down my back. The whole incident cause me to I walked around all day a little self conscious and although it did wonders to my curl and shine I'm a little hesitant to try this one again... It is my belief that is was the powered milk that caused the stench.

Curl: 7
Frizz: 1
Weather: Sunny, windy, 65% humidity
Stress: low

No comments:

Post a Comment