Wednesday, November 25, 2009

DAY 35: Looking Professional

In a world where women are in the work place there is always someone with an opinion of what looks professional and what does not. Most men can wear a suit and tie and as long as they are not in sneakers are considered to look appropriate for the business work place. Women, on the other hand, do not have it that easy. Should we wear pants or a skirt? Blouse or sweater? Pantyhose or none? Jacket or not? Should our hair be up or down, should we wear makeup or not? With so many decisions to make and so many trends to choose from it's no wonder so many of us are confused as to what to wear to work and what is considered business appropriate in the workplace for women.

Today I happened to wear my hair in a pony tail and I took time on my pony tail this morning to make sure it didn't look sporty. In a discussion I had later with a co-worker I was told that a pony tail has no place in the professional and business workplace. Please keep in mind that I was in slacks, a blouse, and dress shoes; however, according to her my hair was not appropriate. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I thought my pony tail looked quite nice. I made sure to brush back an stray frizzy hairs that stuck out and kept my pony tail some what low on my head. The curling mass that fell down my back was nice and helped show off how the green in my shirt reflected off my eyes. It was not a messy pony tail, it was a well constructed and neat pony tail that I was proud of. In my opinion I looked professional; I guess others would disagree. :-P

Curls: 5
Frizz: 4
Weather: 62F, cloudy
Stress: Low

[*With tomorrow being Thanksgiving I have no plans of writing, my hope is to pick up again on Friday but with it being the holidays I make no promises. :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment