Friday, November 13, 2009

DAY 23: Lavender Mist

Yet again I have tried something new and even though it's Friday the 13th I feel it was a great success and something I can't wait to try again. I made a lavender mist last night and used it this morning.

The recipe calls for a 1/2 gallon of water, 5 drops of pure lavender oil and 3 spray bottles. I only have a one cup spray bottle so I tweaked the recipe a smidgen. I boiled a cup of water and added one drop of lavender then pulled it off the stove to steep until it was cool.

This morning I sprayed my hair down with the mist, blot dried, gel plopped and was done. The curls are still feeling dry; however, I think the lavender mist helped with that a little. The curl is nice and I didn't even have to spritz any body spray this morning. The smell was light enough that it didn't over power the room or me and it added a softness to my curls. Next week I have plans to do a deep moisture treatment, I promise!

Curls: 7
Frizz:5
Weather: 69F, Sunny
Stress: High

*I will be out of internet range this weekend so a Sat. and Sun. post will not happen, have a good curly haired weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment