Wednesday, November 4, 2009

DAY 14: Lifestyle

So over the last two weeks I have changed the way I clean my hair. I have stopped using shampoo and mirrored the techniques recommended by Lorraine Massey. What Lorraine does not explain is that curly girl is more than not using shampoo and changing your technique; it's a change in lifestyle AND mindset.

I do NOT spend a lot of time or effort in morning getting ready to go anywhere. It usually takes me 20 minutes to get ready for work and I prefer to sleep more than I prefer to primp. I'm comfortable with who I am and looks have never been at the top of my priority list. Do I have moments or days, yes. However, on average I don't spend more than 5 minutes on makeup just a quick brush of blush, powder, and mascara; and I don't spend more than 5 minutes on my hair just a quick dry, gel plop, and go.

It's not enough. Although my hair is softer, I can tell I need to do more. I need to spend more time on my hair. Doing a deep moisturizing treatment, which I need, is 30-45 minutes minimum. Even if I do the treatment at night that's almost an hour that I have to spend "primping". So the major question is: how committed do I want to be to the health of my hair, I mean it is just hair after all, right? I have long hair and there is a lot of it to care for. Is it just hair, right now, I don't know...

I sprayed my hair with tepid water, t-shirt blot dried, and gel plopped this morning. My hair is dry and the cold rain is not helping. The frizz is pretty tame due to a light coat of gel on my crown before plopping.

Curls: 6
Frizz: 3
Weather: 42F, rainy, 76% humidity
Stress: Moderate

Who knew hair care would cause me to do some soul searching, lol.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, like some days it's easier to just have frizzy, crazy hair than to go through with all this! But you know, that's probably why I didn't do anything about my hair until I was 30 years old.

    ReplyDelete