Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 42: Aloe Anyone?

Before I wet my hair this morning I took notice how much certain parts of my scalp itched. Over the last month the front part section always seems to have an itch and despite rinsing it well, conditioning it well nothing seems to help. Even when I did the Chakra treatment it itched. When I did a light scratch this morning it began to flake horribly; something I never noticed before. Since I didn't have time for a heavy cream treatment for the flakes I moisturized with the next best thing, 100% pure Aloe Vera. I put in on my skin when it's burnt and dried why not on my scalp when it's itchy and flaking; Curly Girl even recommends it as a moisturizing treatment.

The Curly Girl method is 1 tablespoon of pure edible aloe vera (that you can find at a health food store and have to refrigerate after opening) into your scalp of freshly rinsed or conditioned hair. You can rinse it out and do a co-wash or leave it in as an alternative to hair gel. I did a cold water rinse, massaged in some aloe; making sure to massage a little more on the hot itchy spots, and VERY lightly gel plopped. When I gel plopped I made sure not to coat or touch my scalp with gel but just coated the very ends to hold the curl in place and maintain the frizz.

Granted I have only had it in my hair for a couple hours but the itch has stopped and when I have scratched it hasn't flaked so I'm calling this an AWESOME and quick remedy for an itchy and flaky scalp. It may not have effected the curl; however, I'm sure that if I keep my scalp moisturized and healthy my hair will turn out healthier as well.

Curl: 6
Frizz: 3
Weather: 42F, Cloudy and Rainy, 76% humidity
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment