Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DAY 41: Shower Plop

It's the first day of December and for it the Christmas holiday has officially begun. Luckily for me I have already completed my Christmas shopping and don't have to brave the cold or fight the crowds. The less time my curls spend in the cold frigid air, the better.

This morning I did a spot clean with a light coat on the ends of my hair. Instead of running my fingers through my hair, which I find stretches out my curls, I added the conditioner like I would gel. I "conditioner plopped" my hair in the shower. I left it in while I washed my face and body, rinsed it out lightly with out touching my hair, and then completed the shower with my normal cold water rinse. I blot dried, gel plopped, and let it be. I think the plopping with conditioner helped shape the curls and kept them from being stretched out or weighed down. The curl was very nice in the areas I had coated well and only OK in the areas I'm sure I missed. It is harder to evenly coat your hair when your plopping in the shower. I'll keep that in mind for next time and make a better effort to evenly coat the curls.

Keep in mind that plopping in the shower doesn't remove as many of the strays hairs as running your fingers through does. This causes a double in the hair shedding through out the day and if your hair is as long as mine, it can get annoying and look horrible. Nothing says professional like hair ALL over your back, shoulders, pants, and chair... yea.

Curl: 5/7
Frizz:4
Weather: 54F, Sunny, 71% humidity
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment