Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 51: Change in Formula

So when I got home last night my hair was gross. It ended up in my up do and when I let it all down it was oily and had a dread lock look and feel to it. Frustrated I got BACK in the shower in an attempt to wash it AGAIN! As I was rinsing it and preparing to wash it again I noticed that it was coated in the mixture I had put on it. I could scratch it off my hair like it was a film. Annoyed I grabbed the lemon juice bottle and poured it on my hair. I made sure to evenly coat the pure lemon juice over every strand and massaged it into my scalp. I took a dime size amount of conditioner and gently covered the ends of my hair and rinsed REALLY REALLY well. I did a cold water rinse and blot dried.

It may be considered breaking the rules; however, I've had an itching to straighten my hair for about a week. With my hair finally clean and soft I blow dried it straight. I let it cool before going to bed and touched up any weird curlings this morning with the straightening iron. As it turns out I barley had to touch it with the iron. I didn't need to there was no frizz, it was super soft and nice, and only the very ends wanted to do a funky curl that I had to straighten.

I'm happy with it. It was shiny from the lemon juice and it also took care of the film with out drying it out.

Curl: 0
Frizz: 0
Weather: 28F, Sunny
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment