Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 60: 2 Months

It has been 2 months since I used shampoo in my hair and I consider that a great accomplishment. The "culture shock" of not using shampoo has worn off and it has officially become an accepted mindset. Granted, people still look at me oddly when I explain that I don't use shampoo but it doesn't happen as often any more and I don't even think about it anymore. My hair is strong, healthy, soft, and curly! I've learned to listen to what my curls need and follow suit accordingly. I still hope to try a few more recipes but for now I'm pretty set and a firm believer in the no poo method. :)

This morning I did a cold water rinse, a gel plop directly after rinsing, and then I let it sit on the T-shirt on my shoulders until completely dry. I didn't really touch it or blot it dry at all this time. If the ends got drippy I would lightly dab them with my t-shirt, but that was all. I pinned my bangs back when it was dry, plopped again, and left it alone. I did all of this because I knew the frizz was going to be high. I could have done a co-wash but that would have stretched out the curl so I gave it one more day and dealt with the frizz.

Curl: 7
Frizz: 5
Weather: 39F, light snow
Stress: low

No comments:

Post a Comment