Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 44: Leave it Alone

Yet again, I can't stress enough that you really do need to listen to what your hair is saying and follow accordingly. If your hair is weighed down give it a day off of products to recover, if it's dry be sure to moisturize in some way; you can do that through a co-wash or a moisturizing treatment. This morning my hair said leave me alone!

I was hoping to have it down all day but nothing I did to make my curls look better helped. They just didn't want to be messed with today. After attempting a lavender mist, a gel plop, and a little light twisting on my finger they weren't working for me and I finally gave in to their plea to be left alone and pulled them back in an up do. Even in the up do they were rebelling; today they must have a mind of their own and are going every which way. I didn't let this frustrate me; surprisingly, I took it in stride and remembered that even curls need a day off every now and again. The up do did pull the curly mess off my neck and out of my face; instead of the curly halo I wanted it was more of a tangled mess. It worked and I didn't have to mess with it all day. :)

I have a woman's Christmas Tea with my church tonight so the up do will work; however, it has caused my stress level to sky rocket this week and very well may be the cause of the curly mess I have today!

Curl: 3
Frizz: 5
Weather: 48F, Sunny
Stress: High

No comments:

Post a Comment