Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 47: First Snow

Today is the first snow of the Christmas season. As excited as I was when I first got up and saw the snow on the ground it was quickly squelched as I saw the traffic report on the news. With only 2/10 inch of snow there were back ups on EVERY route I could take to get to work. Every interstate was packed bumper to bumper with traffic and even the back roads were filled with people trying to take detours and reroute off the interstates, how ridiculous!

This morning I did a lavender mist, gel plopped, and didn't touch my hair again. The curls are still soft but getting dry. I sprayed a little extra on the ends to help with the frizz and to provide a little more moisture and I was also extra easy on my gel plop so that I didn't hurt or break any of the curls. I've learned that as my hair dries out I need to take extra care when touching and working with my hair. It's strong and healthy but the coming need for moisture causes me to be careful until I can provide a co-wash or moisturizing treatement. I won't have time for a moisture treatment tonight; however, I'm hoping tomorrow will work.

Curl: 7
Frizz: 2
Weather: 36F, cloudy/ snowy, 92% humidity
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment