Sunday, December 6, 2009

DAY 46: Cold and Dry

Today was the first really cold day we've had so far this Christmas season, I think they are even predicting snow tomorrow morning. Cold weather means dry hair and lots of static. I hope to have time to try another moisturizing treatment this week; I think I'll need it.

This morning I did a co-wash, taking extra time to make sure my scalp was well coated. I plopped the conditioner into my hair and made sure that it was more evenly spread than last time. I rinsed quickly not completely rinsing it all out of my hair and did a cold water rinse. Any conditioner that was left after my normal rinse was rinse by the cold water. It made a major difference in the softness and frizz of my curls. After blot drying and gel plopping I pulled the front off my face and left it alone. It curled like crazy and was super soft.

I won't say that my curls are breakable; however, they are sensitive. Over working them causes more frizz and the constant act of putting my coat on and taking it off does a number on the ends. The friction of the fabric in combination with the dryness in the air makes for frizzy ends. To remedy this I lick my finger or run it under cold water and lightly twist the curl around my finger. The moisture will lay the frizz back down into the curl with out breaking it and revitalize the gel that I had put on it earlier that morning. I only do this to the ends and only one curl at at time. If I feel any breakage while twisting I stop and leave the curl alone.

Curls: 7
Frizz: 5
Weather: 48F, Sunny
Stress: low

No comments:

Post a Comment