Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 54: Bouncing Back

I really would have thought that blow drying my hair would do more damage than it did. Granted it was a first in over a month and I barely touched my hair with the straightening iron but I was sure it would look drab for at least 2 days... I was so wrong!

The curl is still nice and intact and having blow dried it seemed to do little damage. Here's what I'm thinking: The moisturizing treatment I did just prior to blow drying it kept the heat from doing too much damage. OR it could be that my hair is the healthiest it's been in a while and the curls were able to with stand the heat a little more; I don't know and I don't care. This has given me hope that every now and again if I want to straighten it I don't have to worry about days of repercussion. I understand that Lorraine talks about loving your curls and not being afraid of them; however, it is a nice change in look once in a while.

This morning I did a cold rinse, blot dried, and gel plopped. I had plans to tie it back in a loose low pony tail; however, the curl is so nice I've left it alone. The frizz is back but the curls are still soft and shiny. :)

Curl: 7
Frizz: 3
Weather: 57F, cloudy, 72% humidity
Stress: low

No comments:

Post a Comment