Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 76: New Year

So it's 2010 and everyone has set out with their new years resolutions that usually get broken by February. I considered Curly Girl as a resolution but I'm not one for resolutions or new years so I opted against it for fear of losing my motivation. Instead, on New Years Eve I went to bed at 10:PM and got up the next morning at 9:AM. (Granted, I did have a sick husband to take care of) I would consider my new years a great success! ;)

This morning I did a co-wash, a cold water rinse, blot dry, gel plop. I pulled the bang portion back and bobby pinned it. The rest of the curls are hanging free and are somewhat there. My hair is more curling at the ends than through out; again, I think this is due to my need of a trim. Despite all of that the curls have maintained themselves and were not mutilated by my coat this morning. The longer my hair gets the harder it's going to be to keep it healthy in the winter. All the friction with coats, scarves, and dry air is going to be a challenge.

It will be a busy week but I hope to be able to do a moisturizing treatment on Thursday. I already have the recipe I want picked out. For weeks I have been eager to try the fruit smoothie recipe I just need to make sure I put carrot juice on my grocery list. :)

Curl: 5
Frizz: 2
Weather: 19F, Sunny/ Cloudy, 56% humidity
Stress: Moderate

No comments:

Post a Comment