Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 85: Cleanse

As I suspected I was in dire need of some product clean up this morning. The added amount of oil in the avocado recipe caused more build up than I would have wished for and lasted even shorter than I imagined it would. My original plan was to do the wrap and leave my hair untreated until Sunday but that flopped along with everything else; oh well.

I washed with my lemonade and vinegar mixture this morning and followed up with a co-wash for added moisture in the cold weather. I concluded with a cold water rinse, blot dried, and did a light gel plop. I like the lemonade and vinegar mixture but I think I prefer just the lemon juice; the vinegar makes it a stronger cleanser and I feel stripped a little more oil off than I should have since it's been so cold and dry. Even with a little extra cleansing my curls are definitely in action today, especially the under curls, and I have left them to be free all day. Surprisingly as the day has gone on I have yet to pull them back and out of my face; I think that will come later this evening when I'm cleaning the house.

With the warmer weather, a trim, and a regular routine of moisture treatments my hair will be looking fabulous!

Curl: 8
Frizz: 4
Weather: 51F, Sunny, 38% humidity
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment