Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 82: New Look and Recipe

After I blogged last night I got in a fun mood and decided to change things up a bit. I found a cute new look that encompasses me and the cold weather out there this month; I hope you like it.

Another cold morning was on the horizon as I got out of bed at 7:20 AM. The news forecasted a cold day today but a warmer week than it has been since New Years. We are to get more snow, yay, but with the temperature rising they don't foresee it sticking around. I hope the warmer temperatures are kinder to my curls even if the high is only 21. :)

I combined 2 treatments this morning in hopes of revitalizing my curls and moisturizing in a short amount of time. I did a lavender spray with an aloe vera spot treatment. I sprayed my hair, t-shirt blotted, and gel plopped all while tilting my head upside down (Curly Girl recommends that when you gel plop your hair should squish). I find that since my hair is SO long tilting upside down helps me evenly coat the gel and helps me get the underneath portion of my hair. It also keeps me from dripping or squishing all over my clothes while I get ready for work.

Once I was right side up again I waited for an itch and massaged a bit of aloe directly on it with the pads of my fingers. Since I did an entire scalp aloe treatment yesterday a spot treatment today prevents build up on my scalp, saves time, and hits all the hot spots right away. I brought the aloe to work with me to hit any I may have missed. For the second day in a row I have let my hair hang free and although I'm not totally excited about the outcome of my curls I understand they need a little extra TLC today.

Tonight I'm going to do the avocado treatment and see how it helps to moisturize.

Curl: 5
Frizz: 3
Weather: 27F, cloudy, 58% humidity
Stress: Low

*[For the recipe to the lavender spray look at my Day 23 blog.]

No comments:

Post a Comment