Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 79: SNOW!!!!

Oh the weather outside is frightful and I don't own a fireplace that is delightful, so I guess I'll go to work today. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Unlike yesterday, the roads this morning were plowed and salted and every school in the area is closed so traffic was pretty much non exsistent. It was a pleasent drive to work this morning; even the gushing winds didn't diminish my spirits although I feel it diminished my curls...

I woke up early and did a good co-wash (Reminder: I plop the conditioner into my hair in the shower let it sit for about 5 minutes while I wash my face and body and then rinse). I finshed up with a quick cold rinse and got out. On cold mornings like these I'm always resistent to do the cold water rinse, but I can feel my hair sealing and the frizz retreating so every morning I take a deep breath and plunge in.

I blot dried with a t-shirt, gel plopped, and left it to sit on the towel while I finsihed getting ready. There was one piece of the front that wasn't curling and that kept falling in my face that I ended up taking a bobby pin and pinning to the side and out of my face. Other than that I have left it alone. I did a light plop when I got to work but other than that I have not touched it. I haven't even looked in the mirror to see what it looks like or how it is curling; I fear that if I see it I'll be unhappy and it will end up in a pony tail. Instead I asked a trusted co-worker, Laura, her thoughts... today's ratings are from her. :)

Curl: 7
Frizz: 2
Weather: 10F, snowing, 73% humidity
Stress: High

No comments:

Post a Comment