Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 81: Feeling Flaky

This morning I woke up to an itchy scalp causing me to believe one of two scenarios as to why: 1. dry and flaking scalp from the cold weather or 2. product build up over time. Upon looking at my scalp I realized it was option number 1, dry and flaky from the cold. I showered as usual but did not do anything to my scalp or hair and tried not to touch it if at all possible. I finished with a cold water rinse, dry blotted my hair with a t-shirt, and did a VERY light gel plop. I put small amounts of pure aloe vera (the kind you buy at a health food store) on the pads of my fingers and gently massaged the part of my hair, starting at the front and working my way to the back. Slowly I moved from the part outward until I felt that I had covered as much of my scalp as I could. I plopped again and let it hang free. I left it alone till about 4:PM and then for the rest of the night it was gently pulled back in a loose ponytail.

The itching has stopped and the flakes are gone so I feel it helped. I have plans to head to Walmart for an avocado and some plastic wrap tonight for an avocado wrap treatment tomorrow after work. Curly Girls avocado treatment is supposed to be good for really dry and brittle hair but I may end up having to do a heavy cream treatment on my scalp, as well, if it keeps flaking like this.

I read that the cold weather can really do a number on your hair but, yet again, I never imagined this. In previous years I just chalked it up to bad hair days and not the dryness of the air and the cold. I LOVE snow; however, I don't think my hair does!

Curl: 6
Frizz: 4
Weather: COLD and DRY
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment