Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 77: Dry and Brittle

The news is forecasting snow tomorrow and until then we have temperatures in the teens with a wind chill in the single digits. From what I understand the cold weather is going to be sticking around for a while. Despite the massive amount of ice we got last year it was still a fairly warm winter, comparatively. This year that will not be the case.

With the weather in mind I was hestitant to do much of anything to my hair. Having it wet while outside would cause breakage and dryness and I didn't have time for a moisturizing treatment. I don't have any bottles of the glcyerin recipe made, which are oil based, so I couldn't use that either. I didn't want to pull it back in a pony tail because it's getting so long that after a while the pony tail causes a headache. What was I to do?

An up do was the only thing I could think of. It doesn't over stretch my curls and disperses the weight of my hair so it, normally, won't cause a headache. As far as the dryness goes, I have plans to do 1/2 my grocery shopping on my lunch and the other 1/2 after dinner tonight. I'm going to stock up on products needed for quick mositure treatments and longer deeper treatments; I have a feeling I'm going to need them.

I don't remember my hair being so dry and brittle last winter but that could be because it was warmer, who knows.

Curl: 5
Frizz: 2
Weather: 19F, Cloudy, 56% Humidity
Stress: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment